Tracfone Alcatel OneTouch A382G Factory Reset Guide – If you think that performing hard reset can be done only on a smartphone, then you need to think it again. Hard reset can be done to a non-smartphone device as well, such as Alcatel OneTouch A382G.
Some people may think that this kind of phone is no longer exist, but the truth is, many people out there still prefer to use this simple and easy to use phone.
Back to hard reset, this action also can be done to this phone. It could help to eliminate any problem that may occur such as unable to switch it on, not respond to any action for several minutes or when it always turn off by itself for no obvious reason.
Hard reset will erase any data that was stored in the phone. In this case it means that any data such as message, phone contact and also files that was stored in internal memory will be wiped out entirely.
Now, performing hard reset on this phone is not too complicated. There are two methods that you can do to achieve the same result.
Soft Factory Reset Alcatel A382G
- Go to Menu > Settings > Restore default settings
- Input the password, the default code is “1234”
- Then you will be asked “All user data and settings will be erased, continue?”, select “Yes” to confirm it
- The phone will auto switch on when the format finishes
- Please do not manipulate the phone or remove the battery during this process
Hard Factory Reset Alcatel A382G
- Power OFF the phone
- Press and hold Power button and “*” button in the same time
- A text will appear asking you “All data will be lost, continue?”, confirm this action
- Another text will appear saying “Formatting flash, please wait”
- Your phone will perform a factory reset
That is all and now you can wait for a while before the process completed and you can use this phone safely. Make sure you already back up the data in your SIM card first, so you can restore it back with no difficulty.